As a charity reliant on donations and fundraising from the public Waterford Hospice Movement aims to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public
In this regard we have a Fundraising Policy which incorporates our Mission, Vision and Values Statement, a Privacy Notice and our Complaints Procedures published separately on our website
- All fundraising will respect the rights and dignity of donors, beneficiaries, and the public.
- Fundraising activities will not be unreasonably persistent, intrusive or place undue pressure on people to donate.
- Should someone not wish to donate, or wish to cease donating, that decision will be respected.
- Beneficiaries will not be presented in a disrespectful way in any promotional activities and, where possible and appropriate, clients and beneficiaries will have an input into the promotional strategies of the charity
- We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
Honesty and integrity
- Fundraising will occur in an honest and truthful manner.
- Fundraisers will act with integrity and not misrepresent the charity, its need for funds or how they will be applied.
- Questions about fundraising activities and fundraising costs will be answered honestly and in a timely manner.
- Information about the charity’s charitable purpose and activities will be made freely available.
- Charitable donations and gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were donated.
Transparency and Accountability
- The charity will take responsibility for its actions and will be capable of explaining, clarifying and justifying those actions.
- The charity’s trustees and management will explain and account to donors and the public for the charity’s actions.
- The charity will operate in an open, frank and honest way and will ensure that transactions, operations, information and communications are easily understood by donors and the public alike.
- The charity will clearly identify to donors and the public the cause for which the fundraising is occurring and how donations will and are being used.
- The charity will provide ways whereby those interested can easily contact the charity.
- The charity will have a procedure in place to address complaints
We commit that you, our donors, and prospective donors that you will be
- informed of the identity of those serving on our Board of Directors
- have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- be assured information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality
- receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers to any questions you might have of the organisation, and that
- all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact WHM
Waterford Hospice Movement CLG
South East Palliative Care Centre,
Waterford X91 ER8E
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.